Keratin & Smoothing Treatments
Is this treatment a relaxer?
No. Global Keratin is a Keratin based treatment that straightens and softens the hair.
Does the treatment work on virgin hair?
Yes. On virgin hair, best results will be achieved after the second or third application depending on the formula used.
Can this treatment be done on any type of damaged hair?
Yes, this treatment can be applied on ANY previous chemical treatment (colored, highlighted, relaxed, bleached or virgin hair).
Can you do the treatment over the Japanese straightening?
Yes, the treatment can be applied over any kind of straightening.
Is it best to apply Global Keratin Hair Treatment before or after coloring?
For optimal results, color/highlighting processes should be done before applying Global Keratin. Otherwise, wait 2 weeks after the treatment application to apply color/highlights.
Can the treatment be done on children?
We recommend it for children at 12 years of age and over.
Can I wash my hair right after the treatment?
Yes, however the treatment will not last as long as if you wait 48 hrs.
Why do I have to wait to wash my hair?
We recommend that you wait because it takes 48 hours for the Keratin to seal the hair cuticle. If hair is washed right after the treatment, the Keratin will wash out.
How long does the treatment last?
The treatment last about 3-5 months depending on the hair type and maintenance. Treatment will work better on chemically treated hair.
Is the treatment permanent?
No, this treatment will gradually wash away after 3 – 5 months.
Can I go into the ocean or the pool after the treatment?
Do not go into the ocean or pool in the first 2 days. After that, you may swim. However, apply Global Keratin leave-in conditioner to your hair before you get in the water and rinse well afterwards before shampooing.
What shampoo do I use after the treatment?
Global Keratin (Sodium Chloride-Free) Shampoo & Conditioner.
Can I use styling products during the first 2 days?
Styling products can be used after the first shampoo.
Can I get the treatment done while pregnant or nursing?
While there are no known adverse effects, pregnant women and nursing mothers should consult a physician prior to any type of hair treatment.
Is this treatment good for African American hair type?
Yes, this treatment is great for African American hair.
What is the difference between relaxers / Japanese straightening and Global Keratin Hair Treatment?
Global Keratin Hair Treatment is a Keratin based treatment that straightens the hair naturally without strong chemicals. It is a reconditioning treatment that transforms the hair and restores shine. Relaxers and Japanese straightening work on breaking and rearranging the internal bonds of the hair. Once these processes are done, the hair is permanently straightened. The new growth of the Japanese straightening will always be curly, but the previously straightened hair will never revert or blend back.
- Bundles have 25 pieces. The hair is a 20″ length. All prices include hair application and cut & style.
(Removal of old extensions and coloring your hair is an extra cost).
- This hair is 100% Indian human hair with Italian bonds.
- The hair has a natural body wave that can be straightened or curled, it is very versatile.
- The bonds are made from keratin, which reduces hair shedding.
Ultratress Extensions – “UltraStrands”
- Bundles have 25 pieces. The hair is 18″ in length. All prices include hair, application, cut & style. (Removal of old extensions and coloring your hair is an extra cost).
- They are made of 100% human hair. This is Remy hair, which means that each hair hangs in the same direction (direction which it was grown) to reduce tangling. The tips are Keratin, making them strong and long lasting while at the same time gentle to the hair.
- The removal is done with a specialized product to make the bond crystalize, keeping the removal process non-invasive to your natural hair.
- 24″ hair is available in the body wave for an additional $60.00 per bundle.
- Great lengths hair extensions are a strand by strand method where the extension hair is attached to your hair by a keratin based polymer bond ½” away from your scalp. They are very tiny bonds that are nearly invisible. A person would have to come over and part your hair with their hands to see the bonds. Great Lengths are known for their high quality hair. The hair has a body wave but can be blown dry straight. They are worn by celebrities all over the world. The extensions last 4-6 months with proper care.
- Average cost is $1200-2000, very thick hair or extra long hair could be more. To thicken up thin hair can be less than $700. The price includes the 100% human hair extensions, application, cut and style. Brush and products are an additional cost and run approx. $45.
Applying extensions bought by You
- We are often asked to apply hair that is purchased by a client. We are happy to do this. The cost to apply and remove your extension hair is $50 per hour. We can apply Fusion, Great Lengths, bonded, any loc method as well.
Please call 858-761-5134 for your personal FREE consultation.